One-button Wireless Tractor-Trailer Exchange
• Driver drops current trailer and hooks up to a new one
• Presses button on in-cab display
• New trailer ID number appears
Value to Driver
Displays distance, accurate to within one-inch, allowing the driver to identify the precise location of an obstruction when backing up a tractor-trailer. All done simply, reliably and wirelessly!
SenseStat® is a unique “digitally-encoded” wireless obstacle detection sensor system (ODSS) developed by Mobile Awareness, a leader in commercial transportation safety products. SenseStat uses wireless backup sensor technology to provide back-up assistance for all types of commercial vehicles including single unit trucks, trucks with trailers, off-road, lift truck and construction vehicles.
This back-up alert, parking sensor system uses the latest ultrasonic technology to detect objects that are up to eight feet from the rear of the vehicle. The system uses a unique sensor-scanning algorithm that reads each of four separate sensors, displaying the distance to the one that is closest to an object. This provides the ability to monitor four zones across the width of the vehicle. The result is a greater degree of “blind spot” coverage in helping to prevent backing accidents – like the frequent fender-benders and injuries that happen when backing up a tractor trailer.
Dual Warning Indicators
The SenseStat® wireless backup sensor system provides the driver both Active (audible) and Passive (visual) warning indicators, the combination of which creates a parking sensor system that provides a greater means to avoid unnecessary backing accidents. The audible alarm has three adjustable sound pressure levels. The visible display consists of a bright LED monitor that simultaneous shows all four zones, along with the actual distance (in either feet/inches or meters) to the closest object.
Ease Of Installation
The digitally-encoded Wireless SenseStat® system makes installation easy, as well as economical to maintain on all types of commercial vehicles. The waterproof sensors and wireless ECU (Electronic Control Unit) mount easily on the rear of the truck or trailer and transmits a digitally-encoded signal to the dash mounted LED Monitor.
Wireless Backup Sensor Options
The wireless parking sensors themselves come in a protective rubber sleeve that can be slipped into a variety of mounting options, including an easily-attachable metal bracket, a flush mounting option and a sturdy, rubber protector for installations requiring extra protection.
To learn more about Wireless backup sensor mounting options
- Truck & Trailer Exchange: One-button trailer exchange
- Intelligent Display Unit: LED Monitor simultaneously monitors four zones in real-time, indicates actual distance to the closest object, accurate to within one-inch
- Audible Warning: Provides three adjustable audible alarm levels
- Stop-line Adjustment: Rear overhang distance adjusts allowing the user to set the “zero-point” for overhanging objects from zero to 32 inches
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU): Fully-potted, ruggedized ECU is designed to mount on the vehicle and works in all weather conditions with operating temperatures from -22°F to 176°F (-30°C to +80°C)
- Digitally-encoded Wireless: Eliminates communication interference typical with other wireless devices so that there is no cross-talk between vehicles which digitally identifies the trailer
- Signal Strength Meter: Meter provides confirmation of digital wireless connectivity signal strength
- Easy Installation: Wireless installation in less than one hour for most vehicles
- In-vehicle User Guide: Laminated Safety Card for easy driver reference
- Comprehensive Warranty: All SenseStat products carry a three-year Limited Manufacturer’s warranty
Warning Display Unit
- The highly legible LED display simultaneously monitors four zones in real-time
- Built-in audible alarm: volume is adjustable at three levels
- Display indicates the location of an obstacle within SenseStat’s four zones
- Display activates when reverse gear is engaged
- Performs automatic self-test each time the system is activated
- Distance can be displayed in either feet/inches or meters, accurate to within one-inch, allowing drivers to identify the precise location of an obstruction when backing up a tractor-trailer